Cape Panwa Hotel Beach ? Cape Panwa is a peninsula stretching out into the Andaman Sea just south of Phuket Town on the amazing tropical Island of Phuket. At the end of the peninsula where it gets noticeably thinner, is located the Cape Panwa Hotel Beach. This is a lovely little soft sand beach covering nearly 300 meters of sandy coast.
The beach has soft sand, but if it wasn’t your private beach while staying at the hotel, you’d probably not think much of it. The beach has rocks throughout much of it, and the shallow bay is filled with rocks that make wading and swimming somewhat dangerous. Snorkeling is possible, but you can find much better beaches for snorkeling on the west side of the island.
Though no beaches in Phuket are supposed to be private, Cape Panwa Hotel Beach is about as close as it gets to a private beach with access limited to shore access from a boat unless staying at the hotel. This beach faces almost due east, so it is perfect for Phuket sunrises.
Cape Panwa Hotel Beach Clubs
The Beach Bar @ Cape Panwa Hotel – music every night, with live music on Sunday night.
Cape Panwa Hotel Beach Restaurants / Bars
- Panwa House Restaurant – part of the Cape Panwa Hotel, this restaurant has great ratings, and is sitting on a cozy little beach with very few distractions.
- Cape Panwa Restaurant – on the beach below the Panwa Hotel, and gets good ratings for food and service, but what is really nice is the ambiance – the beach is really pleasant and private. One of the best little beaches on Phuket.
Cape Panwa Hotel Beach Accommodations
- Cape Panwa Hotel – very impressive hotel that, at first looks like a southern USA plantation set on the beach. When you enter, you’ll find ultra-modern and traditional Thai setting blended together in beautiful harmony. Rates starting around 7,000 THB per night.
Cape Panwa Hotel Beach Facts
- Location in Phuket: Middle of Cape Panwa on the east side.
- GPS Data: 7° 48’ 37” N, 98° 24’ 37” E
- Distance to Patong / Phuket Town / Airport in km: 26 / 12 / 45
- Taxis available: Yes
- Surrounding Beaches: Ao Yon Beach is on the other side of the cape. Panwa Beach is right up the coast.
- Direction Facing: Directly east.
- Beach Length: 249 meters (272 yd.)
- Beach Width: 14 meters (15 yd.)
- Estimated Beach Area: 3’486 square meters (4,169 square yd.)
- Beach Quality: Top quality, deep sand and usually clean. Quiet, no major roads behind the beach.
- Ocean Bottom: Mostly sandy and mud.
- Restroom / showers facilities? Yes, for resort guests.
- Beach features: Secluded, basically private beach with deep sand and very private setting.
- Lifeguard Available? Yes
- Sunbeds Available? Resorts on the beach have chairs and umbrellas available for guests.
- Umbrellas? Yes, at resorts on the beach.
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public and no fees. Come by boat if not staying at the hotel on the beach.
- Water quality: Very Good
- Boat anchorage possible? Yes
- Boat dock and marina? N/A
- Longtail boat rental possible? No
- Speedboat/longtail boat tours possible? No/No
- Sea inflow:: Unknown
- Slope into sea until 1m deep: 6-8m
- Convenience shop available? Yes
- Attractions: Easy to reach some of the close-by islands like Ko Lon and Ko Mai Thon.
- Activities: Tarzan Adventure zip-line park is on the opposite side of the cape, just 12-minutes away. Ton Ao Yon Waterfall is also very close to Tarzan Adventure, and closer to Panwa Hotel.
- FKK possible? Not permitted, but if empty…
- Massage available? No
- Picnic possible? No
- Surfing? Not good here.
- Smoking? In November Thailand is cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. In November 2017 in Phuket, Patong Beach is affected. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: You’ll probably not encounter them, but stingrays can bury under the sand in the water. Avoid stepping on them by shuffling your feet. This is a general warning for east coast beaches.
- Waste runoff into the sea? Unknown
More about Cape Panwa Hotel Beach
For more Cape Panwa Hotel Beach or other Phuket beaches information check out the Blog: