Jungle Beach or Krating Beach, located to the west of Ao Sane Beach near Naiharn Beach, is this tiny beach with just a small spot of sand, and a lot of rocks. The Jungle Beach Resort (Baan Krating Jungle Resort) is up on the hill behind the beach on Laem Mum Nok Road. You can find rooms there for around just 1,500 Thai Baht – you’ll have access to the beach from there. Or, if you don’t plan on staying at a resort nearby, you can just take a longtail boat there from one of the other beaches in close proximity.
You can see in the video, one guy seems to be fishing from the rocks before we arrive at Krating Beach. This small beach is surrounded by huge rocks in the sand, on the hills around, and in the water. As you might have guessed from the video, Krating Beach is ideal for snorkeling – it’s an absolute snorkeling paradise. There are many rocks below the surface, and the rocky shore where the man is fishing, is an ideal spot to find lots of marine life.
The sandy area on the beach is nothing special, and you’ll probably feel a bit strange pulling up to Krating Beach in a longtail boat and plopping your mat down. The beach is only really visited by people staying at the Baan Krating Jungle Resort. Still, you can take a longboat here and snorkel while the boat waits or have them drop you off here while you snorkel to your heart’s content.
Jungle Beach | Krating Beach Clubs
There are no beach clubs at Jungle Beach | Krating Beach
Jungle Beach | Krating Beach Restaurants / Bars
This is a very small beach that has no restaurants or other food options except those at the two resorts which are close by.
Jungle Beach | Krating Beach Accommodations
- Baan Krating Phuket Resort – getting 4 out of 5-stars, this restaurant is located at the very south end of Cape Panwa on the west side. Mixed reviews, with some saying they were out of crucial ingredients and service wasn’t good in the afternoon. Others raved about the food taste. So, if you’re in the area, give it a try and let us know what you think. Nice view.
Jungle Beach | Krating Beach Facts
- Location in Phuket:Southwest corner of Phuket Island
- GPS Data: 7° 46’ 40” N, 98° 17’ 43” E
- Distance to Patong / Phuket Town / Airport in km: 25 / 25 / 11
- Taxis available: No
- Surrounding Beaches: Ao Sane Beach is next to Krating Beach on the east side; Nui Beach is around the cape to the northwest.
- Direction Facing: South
- Beach Length: 200 meters (220 yd.)
- Beach Width: 22 meters (24 yd.)
- Estimated Beach Area: 4’400 square meter (5,262 square yd.)
- Beach Quality: Many rocks on the beach
- Ocean Bottom: Very rocky
- Restroom / showers facilities? Not on the beach, but the resort has some.
- Beach features: Beautiful beach with rock-filled sand.
- Lifeguard Available? No
- Sunbeds Available? Yes, from the resort
- Umbrellas? Yes, from the resort
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public and no fees.
- Water quality: Very Good
- Boat anchorage possible? The bay near Nai Harn Beach is typically filled with boats.
- Boat dock and marina? N/A
- Longtail boat rental possible? No
- Speedboat/longtail boat tours possible? No
- Sea inflow:: Yes
- Slope into sea until 1m deep: 5-8m
- Convenience shop available? No
- Attractions: Boardwalk. Promthep Cape is a short drive, as is Rawai Beach.
- Activities: Snorkeling is good here. Bring your own equipment, there are no rentals available at Krating Beach.
- FKK possible? Not permitted, but if empty…
- Massage available? No
- Picnic possible? Not really
- Surfing? None
- Smoking? In November Thailand is cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. In November 2017 in Phuket, Patong Beach is affected. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: When waves are large, the currents can become dangerous.
- Waste runoff into the sea? No
More about Jungle Beach | Krating Beach
For more Jungle Beach | Krating Beach or other Phuket beaches information check out the Blog: