Nearly nine miles due east from Rawai Beach on Phuket’s lower east side is this tiny little island named Koh Khai Nai Island. It’s so small on the map that we’re not sure what’s there, but it appears to be a small beach on the northeast side, and another patch of sand on the south end of the island. The entire island is no more than 146 feet long (45 m) at the longest point.
Boats may have a hard time stopping here, the water is very shallow, but there appears to be beach umbrellas or drink and snack stands set up along the beach. Tour boats for the James Bond Island tour stop at the nearby island, Koh Khai Nok Island and beach.
Koh Khai Nai Beach Clubs
Koh Khai Nai Beach Restaurants / Bars
There appear to be some beach huts with vendors selling snacks and beverages along the beach.
Koh Khai Nai Beach Accommodation
Koh Khai Nai Beach Facts & Features
- Location in Relation to Phuket: 9 miles (14.5 km) east of Phuket.
- GPS Data: 07° 53` 49” N, 98° 30` 40” E
- Surrounding Beaches: Koh Khai Nok Beach is about a half-mile southeast.
- Direction Facing: Northeast.
- Beach Length: 35 meters (115 ft.)
- Beach Width: 12 meters (40 ft.) on average.
- Estimated Beach Area: 420 m2 (4,600 square ft.)
- Beach Quality: Lots of sand, and a wide beach. Lots of room for how small it is.
- Ocean Bottom: Rocky.
- Restroom / showers facilities? Not sure. Please let us know as you visit.
- Beach features: Sandy beach and snack huts. Rocky around the majority of the island, and fun to explore.
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public, no fees.
- Lifeguard Available? No.
- Boat anchorage possible? No.
- Boat dock and marina? No.
- How to reach Koh Khai Nai? From Chalong Pier by tour company.
- Attractions: None.
- Activities: Snorkeling can be excellent here.
- Surfing? No.
- Sunbeds Available? Possibly, but we are not sure. If you visit, do let us know.
- Umbrellas? Not sure – let us know!
- Water quality: Very Good.
- Convenience shop available? No.
- Massage available? No.
- Picnic possible? Yes, however please don’t leave your rubbish behind.
- Smoking? Thailand authorities are cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: Many rocks under the surface. Currents can be strong around islands. Stay in the shallow water.
More about Phuket Beaches
check out the Blog: