Koh Maiton Island is a private island, owned by the owners of the resort. There are reports of people being charged 2,500 THB for a beer or stepping foot on the island, and other reports saying it is just 300 THB to enter the island property. So, not sure! The island is beautiful, great for taking photos and walking around.
Many tourists come here on a snorkeling package for around 2,500 THB for the boat ride, snorkeling gear, and lunch. On the website, it appears as if the speedboat option is the cheapest way to experience the island and it starts at 2,999 THB. There are prices for overnight stay listed on their website, it’s all quite a mystery what exactly is on offer.
Koh Maiton Beach Clubs
None here – this is a very small island without area for a proper beach club.
Koh Maiton Beach Restaurants / Bars
There is a restaurant to eat at in the resort, but we cannot find any information or reviews on it.
Koh Maiton Beach Accommodation
An unnamed resort is on the island, and even on their website they don’t give it an English name. In Thai, it’s “โรงแรมไม้ท่อน รีสอร์ท” which is just “Maiton Resort Hotel.” There is no information about the hotel at all, just a phone number or email to reach staff there. Counting structures around the beach, they appear to have more than 50 villas available.
Koh Maiton Beach Facts & Features
- Location in Relation to Phuket: 10 miles (16.1 km) east of Rawai Beach.
- GPS Data: 07° 46` 09” N, 98° 28` 56” E
- Surrounding Beaches: There is an unnamed beach just south of Koh Maiton Beach, and a small one on the west side of the island.
- Direction Facing: East.
- Beach Length: 934 meters (3,064 ft.)
- Beach Width: 27 meters (89 ft.) on average.
- Estimated Beach Area: 25,218 m2 (271,449 square ft.)
- Beach Quality: A lot of sand with some rocks around. The island is surrounded by large boulders and makes for good snorkeling.
- Ocean Bottom: Free of rocks and coral in the shallow areas fronting the resort. The water is ultra-clear and perfect for snorkeling or diving.
- Restroom / showers facilities? The resort has.
- Beach features: The resort has.
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Private. Not sure the cost. Some say $75, others say $10. If you’re taking a longtail boat here, make sure they include the fee.
- Lifeguard Available? No.
- Boat anchorage possible? Not sure.
- Boat dock and marina? There is a private dock.
- How to reach Koh Maiton Island? From Deep Sea Port by longtail boat.
- Attractions: No real attractions. The island is nice to see if you want to pay the price.
- Activities: For something to do, you can walk 1.4 miles (2.3 km) on a dirt path that spans almost the full length of the island. There is good snorkeling around the island, and there are good spots to swim and wade.
- Surfing? None.
- Sunbeds Available? Yes, at the resort.
- Umbrellas? Yes, at the resort.
- Water quality: Very Good.
- Convenience shop available? No.
- Massage available? No.
- Picnic possible? Yes, however please don’t leave your rubbish behind.
- Smoking? Thailand authorities are cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: Some rocks under the water to be aware of.
More about Phuket Beaches
check out the Blog: