Koh Racha Noi Island, the smallest of the two Racha Islands at around 2.25 miles (3.6 km) long, is located 5 miles (8 km) south-southwest of Koh Racha Yai.
Koh Racha Noi consist of two small (thin) islands, with the largest beach, Banana Bay, located on the northeast side of the island. The beach is fairly large at around 1,640 feet (500 m) long. Please note, the exact measurement of the beach is a guess because most of it is generally too rocky to enjoy, but there is at least one less rocky area where people can wade and swim.
Koh Racha Noi Beach Clubs, Restaurants, Bars, Accommodation
None here, the island is covered with dense jungle and rocks covering the coast.
Koh Racha Noi Island Facts & Features
- Location in Relation to Phuket: 18 miles (29 km) south of the southern tip of Phuket Island.
- GPS Data: 07° 28` 01” N, 98° 18` 26” E
- Surrounding Beaches: There is one more unnamed beach to the south on another smaller island of Koh Racha Noi that is also on the east side of the island. That beach is a sand triangle about 492 feet (150 m) long with some clear areas under the water for wading and swimming.
- Direction Facing: East.
- Beach Length: 504 meters (1,654 ft.)
- Beach Width: 1 meters (3.3 ft.) on average.
- Estimated Beach Area: 507 m2 (5,458 square ft.)
- Beach Quality: Very rocky with patches of sand.
- Ocean Bottom: In this spot there are some places to wade without rocks or coral, but caution is advised.
- Restroom / showers facilities? None.
- Beach features: Very rocky, picturesque.
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public.
- Lifeguard Available? No.
- Boat anchorage possible? No.
- Boat dock and marina? None.
- How to reach Banana Bay Beach? From Chalong Pier by tour company.
- Attractions: None.
- Activities: Snorkeling is good around the reef and rocks. This is primarily a snorkeling destination for tour boats, and they can be seen in the bays around the island.
- Surfing? No.
- Sunbeds Available? No.
- Umbrellas? No.
- Water quality: Very Good.
- Convenience shop available? No.
- Massage available? No.
- Picnic possible? Yes, however please don’t leave your rubbish behind.
- Smoking? Thailand authorities are cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: Many submerged rocks and coral to be careful of.
More about Phuket Beaches
check out the Blog: