Three miles east of the north-south middle of Phuket Island are the Koh Rang Islands which consist of a big island (Koh Rang Yai) and a smaller one (Koh Rang Noi). They are separated by about 1,000 feet (305 m) with Koh Rang Noi Island located just to the northeast.
Koh Rang Noi Beach is a small beach to be found on the southwest coast of the island.
Koh Rang Noi Beach Clubs, Bars, and Restaurants
The resort here has a bar and restaurant, but we cannot access any information because their website is not working.
Koh Rang Noi Beach Accommodation
Cannot find how to book the resort on either Google or TripAdvisor.
Koh Rang Noi Beach Facts & Features
- Location in Relation to Phuket: Directly east of the middle of Phuket by about 3.5 miles (5.6 km).
- GPS Data: 07° 57` 51” N, 98° 27` 01” E
- Surrounding Beaches: None. Koh Rang Yai Island is a short boat ride away (2-minutes).
- Direction Facing: Southwest.
- Beach Length: 165 meters (540 ft.)
- Beach Width: 21 meters (70 ft.) on average.
- Estimated Beach Area: 3,512 m2 (37,800 square ft.)
- Beach Quality: The north end of the beach appears to be mud mixed with sand. The middle portion is sandy and nice for walking or laying out, while the southern and eastern section of the beach is very rocky, but there are spots of sand to drop a beach mat or towel.
- Ocean Bottom: Submerged rocks in all but the shallowest areas.
- Restroom / showers facilities? Yes, at the resort. No public.
- Beach features: Average beach with a large pier.
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Private, entry only possible if staying at the resort.
- Lifeguard Available? No.
- Boat anchorage possible? No.
- Boat dock and marina? Yes, a large pier.
- How to reach Koh Rang Noi Island? From Laem Hin Pier by longtail boat.
- Attractions: None.
- Activities: Not sure, we cannot pull up the resort’s website.
- Surfing? No.
- Sunbeds Available? Around the pools of the resort, not on the beach.
- Umbrellas? Yes, at the pools of the resort.
- Water quality: Very Good.
- Convenience shop available? No.
- Massage available? No.
- Picnic possible? Yes, however please don’t leave your rubbish behind.
- Smoking? Thailand authorities are cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: Many rocks and coral in the deeper spots.
More about Phuket Beaches
check out the Blog: