Koh Tapao Noi Island is the smallest of the two Koh Tapao Islands, close to Phuket east coast at Cape Panwa. There are no real facilities on the island, but it is conveniently located for a quick few hours on the beach, away from Phuket.
Koh Tapao Noi Beach Clubs, Bars, Restaurants, and Accommodation
None – this is a very small island with nothing but a few small average beaches.
Koh Tapao Noi Beach Facts & Features
- Location in Relation to Phuket: About 1.2 miles (1.9 km) east of the Cape Panwa Pier to the immediate south of Cape Panwa Beach on Phuket’s east coast.
- GPS Data: 07° 49` 59” N, 98° 25` 19” E
- Surrounding Beaches: Various patches of sand around the island, separated by rocks.
- Direction Facing: The main beach is facing west and has an S-shape.
- Beach Length: 381 meters (1,250 ft.)
- Beach Width: 1 meter (3.3 ft.) on average.
- Estimated Beach Area: 116 m2 (1,250 square ft.)
- Beach Quality: Nice sand, great for laying out or throwing a ball or disc.
- Ocean Bottom: In the shallow areas wading is possible. Rocks in the deep.
- Restroom / showers facilities? None.
- Beach features: Soft white sand and some rocks. View of Phuket east coast.
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public.
- Lifeguard Available? No.
- Boat anchorage possible? Yes.
- Boat dock and marina? None.
- How to reach Koh Tapao Noi Island? From Ao Makham Pier by longtail boat.
- Attractions: None.
- Activities: Walking, sun tanning.
- Surfing? No.
- Sunbeds Available? No.
- Umbrellas? No.
- Water quality: Very Good.
- Convenience shop available? No.
- Massage available? No.
- Picnic possible? Yes, however please don’t leave your rubbish behind.
- Smoking? Thailand authorities are cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: Many rocks and coral in the deeper areas.
More about Phuket Beaches
check out the Blog: