Located about 450 meters (492 yd.) from Laem Ka Yai Beach is the little sister, Laem Ka Noi Beach. This is a short beach facing northeast that is a nice getaway from people because nobody knows about it. Laem Ka Noi Beach faces east and gets nice sunrises if you happen to be here early.Very few websites have this beach on a map. Google has it, and you can find it too.
Laem Ka Noi Beach is quite small at about 66 meters in length, and not very wide – only 20 meters (22 yards) at its widest point. The water is usually calm, and it’s fine for swimming or wading, but there are some submerged rocks to be aware of. There are no annoying jet skis or parasailing here. Laem Ka Noi Beach is great for a short nap or stopping by for a meal. You can walk on the big rocks for something to do, but there’s not much to do.
There is a small restaurant at Laem Ka Noi called, what else? Laem Ka Noi Seafood. Traditional, tasty Thai seafood is what you’ll find at the restaurant, with picture-perfect views over the beach and of the nearby island, Koh Lon.
If you’re already at Laem Ka Yai Beach, you could just take a longtail boat 600 meters (656 yards) up the beach to reach Laem Ka Noi Beach.
Or, you can drive there by going south on Highway 4024 (Wiset Road) and making a left at Soi Lamkanoi. There’s a chance you’re going to run into a closed gate there, so it’s always best when trying to reach small Phuket beaches, to just go by longtail boat. A whole lot more fun than driving in Phuket’s traffic too!
Laem Ka Noi Beach Clubs
There are no beach clubs at Laem Ka Noi Beach
Laem Ka Noi Beach Restaurants / Bars
- Laem Ka Noi Seafood Restaurant – a very small restaurant on the beach with a serene setting and great meals, like home cooked Thai – no frills, just good seafood.
Laem Ka Noi Beach Accommodations
There are no accommodations at Laem Ka Noi Beach
Laem Ka Noi Beach Facts
- Location in Phuket:Southeast Phuket
- GPS Data: 7° 46’ 59” N, 98° 20’ 12” E
- Distance to Patong / Phuket Town / Airport in km: 21 / 16 / 47
- Taxis available: No
- Surrounding Beaches: Laem Ka Beach is just south, and Friendship Beach is north.
- Direction Facing: Northeast
- Beach Length: 60 meters (66 yd.) There are multiple beaches on Cape Panwa that are labeled “Panwa Beach” on Google maps, so it’s impossible to figure out which, or even if there is one official Panwa Beach. This listing includes only Cape Panwa Beach which faces Koh Lon Island.
- Beach Width: Very little actual beach, mostly rocks.
- Estimated Beach Area: 60 square meter (72 square yd.)
- Beach Quality: Very rocky with patches of sand.
- Ocean Bottom: Rocky and sand, muddy not ideal for swimming or wading. Good for launching a kayak.
- Restroom / showers facilities? None
- Beach features: The beach is small, with a place to eat, and sometimes there are yoga classes held here.
- Lifeguard Available? No
- Sunbeds Available? No
- Umbrellas? No
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public, no entry fees.
- Water quality: Very Good
- Boat anchorage possible? No – too shallow.
- Boat dock and marina? N/A
- Longtail boat rental possible? No
- Speedboat/longtail boat tours possible? No/No
- Sea inflow:: Unknown
- Slope into sea until 1m deep: 1-2m
- Convenience shop available? No
- Attractions: Yoga
- Activities: Relaxing. Yoga. Nothing else really to do here.
- FKK possible? Not permitted, but if empty…
- Massage available? On main street
- Picnic possible? No
- Surfing? No, surfing is on the west coast of Phuket Island.
- Smoking? In November Thailand is cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. In November 2017 in Phuket, Patong Beach is affected. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: Sharp rocks in the water, easy to cut your feet. Wear protective shoes.
- Waste runoff into the sea? No
More about Laem Ka Noi Beach
For more Laem Ka Noi Beach or other Phuket beaches information check out the Blog: