Trisara Beach is a small, private looking beach, that anyone can use, but the Trisara villas cover the property between the beach and the road. If you’re not staying at Trisara, you can come by longtail boat. The beach is beautiful and there are places to put your mat down. The water is not great for swimming or wading – there are many rocks and some coral as the water gets deeper. You can snorkel on the north end. Few people use the beach, because their large villas have everything they need.
Trisara Beach Clubs
There is no beach clubs at Trisara Beach
Trisara Beach Restaurants / Bars
Restaurants at Trisara – there are three restaurants at Trisara, all of which get great reviews. The breakfast was mentioned by a number of guests. Trisara restaurants use organic food as much as possible. Meal costs are on the high-end, as you might expect at a 5-star resort.
Trisara Beach Accommodations
- Trisara Phuket – this 5-star property has many large luxury villas on the hills surrounding the beach. Reviews are stellar, with very few mentions of anything at all negative. Spa, restaurants, and large pool in the main building. Swimming pool at each villa. Cooking classes, tennis lessons on private courts, and yoga class are all available. Villa rates start at 23,000 THB per night. The Trisara is probably one of the top 5 properties on Phuket – if you can, you must.
There are some other resorts close by, but nothing on Trisara Beach. On Google Maps, it appears that nobody besides Trisara has their marker over their hotel – so we’ll not cover any other accommodations at Trisara.
Trisara Beach Facts
- Location in Phuket: Northwest side of Phuket Island, just north of Bangtao Beach on a little cape.
- GPS Data: 8° 02’ 09” N, 98° 16’ 31” E
- Distance to Patong / Phuket Town / Airport in km: 26 / 11 / 11
- Taxis available: Yes
- Surrounding Beaches: Layan Beach is to the south; Banana Beach is around the cape going north.
- Direction Facing: West-southwest
- Beach Length: 174 meters (190 yd.)
- Beach Width: 18 meters (20 yd.)
- Estimated Beach Area: 3’132 square meter (3,746 square yd.)
- Beach Quality: Beautiful, with white sand and lots of sand. Trisara is the only resort on the beach, and it gives the impression of a private beach.
- Ocean Bottom: Mostly sand with scattered submerged rocks in the middle. The very shallow water has been cleared of rocks and coral, so is good for wading.
- Restroom / showers facilities? At the Trisara villas, but you must be a guest.
- Beach features: Rocky ends. Soft sand. Shallow water. Rocks under the surface.
- Lifeguard Available? Yes, at the hotel
- Sunbeds Available? At Trisara – yes.
- Umbrellas? At Trisara – yes.
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public, no fees. You’ll have to arrive by boat if not staying at Trisara villas.
- Water quality: Very Good
- Boat anchorage possible? No
- Boat dock and marina? Pier
- Longtail boat rental possible? No
- Speedboat/longtail boat tours possible? No/No
- Sea inflow:: No
- Slope into sea until 1m deep: Unknown
- Convenience shop available? No
- Attractions: Layan Beach, Banana Beach, and Bangtao Beach are all close by, and easy to reach by renting a longtail boat.
- Activities: There are no kayaks, paddleboards, or any other gear for activities rented out at Trisara, so you’ll need to bring whatever you’ll need while you’re here. Bring your snorkeling mask, fins, and snorkel, the north end of the beach has some nice rocks where you’ll find fish.
- FKK possible? Not permitted, but if empty…
- Massage available? Yes, at hotel
- Picnic possible? No
- Surfing? No, the rocks and coral are too widespread.
- Smoking? In November Thailand is cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. In November 2017 in Phuket, Patong Beach is affected. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: High waves produce strong undertow and currents that can be dangerous.
- Waste runoff into the sea? Yes
More about Trisara Beach
For more Trisara Beach or other Phuket beaches information check out the Blog: