When you take part in one of the James Bond Island Tours going all the way to Koh Phi Phi from Phuket out to the islands, you’ll usually stop at Koh Khai Nok Island on your last stop. Visitors can get out of the boats and go explore this small idyllic island by walking around, swimming, or snorkeling around in the shallows. There are many fish to be seen, even right up where the dry sand meets the water.
The actual sandy beach area of Koh Khai Nok Island is a large triangular section of sand roughly 300 – 400 feet (91 – 123 m) on each side. Only when hordes of tourists disembark their longtail boats at the same time does the space feel crowded. This happens twice a day, once around noon and the other instance just after 4 pm.
This small island is found 4.8 miles (7.7 km) due east of Koh Sire on Phuket’s east coast near Phuket Town. The entire island is just 837 ft. (255 m) long and only a few hundred feet wide at its widest section.
Koh Khai Nok Beach Clubs
None – this is a very small island without enough area for a proper beach club.
Koh Khai Nok Beach Restaurants / Bars
There are a number of places under roof to eat and drink and relax, but no named restaurants or bars.
Koh Khai Nok Beach Accommodation
Koh Kai Nok Beach Facts & Features
- Location in Relation to Phuket: 4.8 miles (7.7 km) east of Phuket.
- GPS Data: 07° 53` 31” N, 98° 30` 53” E
- Surrounding Beaches: No more beaches on this island, or nearby.
- Direction Facing: Nearly all directions.
- Beach Length: 372 meters (1,220 ft.)
- Beach Width: 23 meters (75 ft.) on average.
- Estimated Beach Area: 8,501 m2 (91,500 square ft.)
- Beach Quality: Deep, white, and soft sand that is mostly flat and leading into very shallow water. Ideal for walking around.
- Ocean Bottom: Sandy close to shore, rocky as you go out further.
- Restroom / showers facilities? Restrooms are available to use for 20 Thai Baht.
- Beach features: Huge area of sand, snacks and drinks, and large rocks to climb on around the circumference of the island.
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public, no fees.
- Lifeguard Available? No.
- Boat anchorage possible? Yes.
- Boat dock and marina? A small floating plastic boat dock.
- How to reach Koh Khai Nok? From Chalong Pier by tour company.
- Attractions: The island itself is the attraction. It’s a lovely spot, especially when few visitors.
- Activities: Tanning; walking; eating; drinking; exploring the rocks; snorkeling.
- Surfing? None at this island.
- Sunbeds Available? No, but they do have chairs.
- Umbrellas? Deck chairs with umbrellas over them cost 100 THB for as long as you stay. There are also covered bamboo huts with areas to eat and drink.
- Water quality: Very Good.
- Convenience shop available? No.
- Massage available? No.
- Picnic possible? Yes, however please don’t leave your rubbish behind.
- Smoking? Thailand authorities are cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: Many rocks.
More about Phuket Beaches
check out the Blog: