Hua Beach facing due north, is found just before the better-known Kamala Beach as you’re headed north on Phuket Island away from Patong Beach. It is a small beach at just 331 meters (362 yards) long, and most of that is rocky, and without sand, but it’s still a very scenic spot that might be worth stopping by for a quick swim or picnic.
A mix of deep sand and large boulders, Hua Beach is ideal for a couple who wants to get away from the crowds for a bit and spend some romantic quiet time alone. You’ll rarely find other tourists or locals in this spot, and the large rocks give some privacy. This beach strikes me as ideal for a bikini modeling shoot, or just a phone full of selfies!
You won’t find any of the jet skis, parasailing, or vendors walking the beach bothering you to buy something here. That’s the beauty of Hua Beach!
From the road along the beach, you’ll see a small spirit house with a 1-meter-high rock wall around it. You may see a couple of cars or motorbikes parked there too – this is where you can access Hua Beach, or you can continue down the hill and look for the two concrete pillars on the left side of the dirt road which will take you there.
Please note, there are no restrooms or showers, and usually, there are no locals selling food or drinks here at Hua Beach. If you’d like to stay in accommodations close to this beach, Laem Son Village Hotel is at the west end of Hua Beach, and it gets decent reviews.
All in all, Hua Beach is Calm, quiet, and isolated a bit from the noise of Kamala and Patong beaches, Hua Beach is a tiny oasis of peace and quiet. Very few people stop here, but it’s a very nice beach with a great sunset if you are there around 6 pm.
Hua Beach Clubs
No beach clubs right here at this beach. HQ Beach Lounge Phuket is right up the coast about 5 kilometers (3 mi.). No pool and no wet bar, but they’re right on the beach. Food, service, and ambiance combined with fantastic views.
Hua Beach Restaurants / Bars
There is a restaurant at this beach, but there have been some negative comments about the food taste, portions, and prices. Probably best to go to one of the following restaurants at the resorts listed below instead.
Hua Beach Accommodations
- Ayara Hotel Resort and Spa – a beautiful view looking west for amazing sunsets. The hotel and restaurant are decorated beautifully and the ratings from past customers are very good. Good spa and fitness center, and the pool is nice. There is a rocky beach not good for swimming, but if you brought your own snorkel – great – you’ll enjoy yourself for a short time. Rooms around 5,000 THB per night.
- Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort – also not right at Hua Beach, but a minute away up the road toward Kamala Beach. The rooms are large and luxurious, but a bit dated. The restaurants are excellent, and the pool is something to see. Rates begin at around 4,500 THB per night.
Haad Pak Phra Beach Facts
- Location in Phuket: South of Kamala Beach on the tip of a cape on the northwest side of Phuket Island. Just west of the Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort.
- GPS Data: 7° 56’ 50” N, 98° 15’ 52” E
- Distance to Patong / Phuket Town / Airport in km: 19 / 22 / 30
- Taxis available: No
- Surrounding Beaches: Kamala to the north and Yae Beach is the next beach south going toward Phuket.
- Direction Facing: North.
- Beach Length: 198 meters (217 yd.)
- Beach Width: 6 meters (7 yd.)
- Estimated Beach Area: 1’188 square meters (1,421 square yd.)
- Beach Quality: Rough sand and beach, the ocean bottom is very rocky and not recommended for swimming or wading.
- Ocean Bottom: Very rocky – not good for swimming, but OK for snorkeling when tide is high.
- Restroom / showers facilities? You can use the restroom at the restaurant.
- Beach features: Hidden beach in a rough state. Looks natural and unkempt. Unfortunately, there is trash around, nobody cleans this beach. One restaurant.
- Lifeguard Available? No
- Sunbeds Available? None
- Umbrellas? None
- Public or Private? Entrance fees? Public and no fees.
- Water quality: Good
- Boat anchorage possible? No
- Boat dock and marina? N/A
- Longtail boat rental possible? No
- Speedboat/longtail boat tours possible? No/No
- Sea inflow:: Yes
- Slope into sea until 1m deep: 10-20m
- Convenience shop available? No
- Attractions: None
- Activities: Snorkeling can be good when the water is clean, and the tide is high. Otherwise, dangerous rocky bottom.
- FKK possible? Not permitted, but if empty…
- Massage available? No
- Picnic possible? Yes
- Surfing? No, facing the wrong way.
- Smoking? In November Thailand is cracking down on smoking at beaches around the country. In November 2017 in Phuket, Patong Beach is affected. Soon they expect to make it a country-wide smoking ban – so do stay up to date because fines are high and can include prison time.
- Warnings: Sharp rocks underwater – wading, even with shoes, not recommended.
- Waste runoff into the sea? No
More about Hua Beach
For more Hua Beach or other Phuket beaches information check out the Blog: